American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is accepting applications for a Marketing Intern. The intern will work closely with the Director of Marketing. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- updating database information
- preparing press packets for concerts
- coordinating mailings of marketing materials
- maintaining archive of press materials
- Implementing social media initiatives including facebook and twitter
- Updating website
- Creating of e-newsletter content
- Undertaking special promotions, including setting up interviews, ticket give-aways, etc.
Ideal candidates will have a desire to learn about marketing in the performing arts. Interest in contemporary classical music is a plus.
ACO is the only orchestra in the world dedicated to the creation, performance, preservation and promulgation of music by American composers. ACO identifies today’s brightest emerging composers, champions prominent established composers as well as those lesser-known, and increases regional, national and international awareness of the infinite variety of American orchestral music, reflecting geographic, stylistic and temporal diversity.
Days/Hours: Applicants must be available to work a minimum of 5 hours per week for a period of three months or more.
Salary: This is an unpaid position, however a stipend and/or college credit may be available.
How to apply: Send a brief letter of interest, resume and two letters of recommendation from previous employers and/or instructors to:
American Composers Orchestra
244 West 54th Street, Suite 805
New York, NY 10019