Compose Yourself! is an acclaimed pre-professional development program for High School aged musicians from the American Composers Orchestra Education Department.
Here’s our upcoming SPRING semester at a glance:
- Ten 90 min. classes that will push your composing to new levels of creativity and professionalism
- Only 3-4 students per class assures individualized attention
- End-of-semester reading/recording session with some of NYC’s finest professional musicians
- Free access to ACO rehearsals and special events
- Free Skills Classes for interested students
- Our Resident Ensemble this semester will be one of New York’s premiere woodwind quintets!
Classes take place afternoon/early evening on Saturdays, and if needed, early evening on other days (class times are set based on student availability once registration is complete). The Spring semester begins the week ending Feb. 8th and continues to early June.
Classes take place at the American Composers Orchestra offices at 494 8th Ave. (35th St.)
All classes are taught by ACO Education Director, Kevin James. Mr. James is a renowned New York composer known for his broad musical palette and blazing originality.
Compose Yourself classes cost just $40 per session. We request payment for the entire semester of classes at the beginning of the semester ($400).
Scholarships are available – look for the check box on the registration form.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Use the following link and fill out the registration form. You’ll receive an email back with all the information you need for the first class.
Questions? – call Mr. James at 212-977-8495 ext. 202 OR on his cell at 917-509-2580
OR email him at: email@example.com