Compose Yourself! is an acclaimed pre-professional development program for High School aged musicians from the American Composers Orchestra Education Department.
- Ten 90-minute classes to push your composing to new levels of creativity and professionalism
- Very small classes assure individualized attention
- End-of-semester reading/recording session with some of New York’s finest professional musicians.
- Free access to ACO rehearsals and special events
- Free Skills Classes for interested students
This fall the MIVOS STRING QUARTET will be our resident ensemble!
Late afternoon/early evening on Saturdays, and if needed early evening on other days (individual times will be set once registration is complete)
The Fall semester begins the week of October 5 and continues through mid-January
Special Events scheduled so far include:
- October 20 – Informational session with the Mivos String Quartet.
- November 2 – ACO dress rehearsal at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall
Classes take place at the ACO offices (494 8th Ave. at 35th St.)
Classes are taught by ACO Education Director, Kevin James along with acclaimed guest composers. Mr. James is a renowned New York composer known for his broad musical palette and blazing originality.
Compose Yourself classes cost just $40 per session. We request payment for the entire semester of classes at the beginning of the semester ($400). Scholarships are available – just ask!
When your registration is complete, you’ll receive an email from Mr. James with all the information you need for the first class.
Questions? – call Mr. James at 212-977-8495 ext. 202 or email him: firstname.lastname@example.org
(note – the dates listed are Saturdays. Weekday classes will precede each of these dates)
October 5, 19, 20 (session with Mivos), 26
November 2, 16, 23
December 7, 14
January 11, 18
The date of our reading session is tentatively scheduled for Monday January 20th.