Development Intern with American Composers Orchestra
March or April / 1 month-long position (4 weeks)
April or May / 1 month-long position (4 weeks)
June-August 2018 / 3-month Summer Internship
American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is seeking a part-time Development Intern. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Intern supports ACO’s fundraising by assisting with maintaining a healthy donor database, archiving grant inquiries, and assisting with other tasks as needed. This is a part-time paid position, paying a stipend of $250/week and providing a monthly metro card. The successful candidate must commit to a minimum of 24 hours/week for 1 month. Weekly schedule is flexible and hours may be completed in midtown office and remotely.
American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is the only orchestra in the world dedicated to the creation, performance, preservation and promotion of music by American composers. Founded in 1977, ACO pursues a singular mission by maintaining an unparalleled range of activities including concerts, commissions, recordings, educational programs, and new music reading sessions.
– Maintain the integrity of DonorPerfect database through quality control and enforcing data entry policy and procedures
– Assist Development Associate in producing reports requested by Director of Development
– Sort through hard copies of grants files and digitally archive files
– Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent oral and written communication skills
– Must be willing to learn database operations for DonorPerfect
– Proficiency in computers skills and data entry, including the use of Microsoft Office
– Exhibit strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
$250 weekly stipend and monthly Metro Card.
Please send a resume and a brief cover email (1-2 paragraphs) that explains why you are interested in the position and what you hope to learn. Please send to Mosa at email@example.com.