Schools Based Partnerships with American Composers Orchestra
Information you want to know:
- The ACO is a fully contracted NYC DoE Vendor.
- All ACO Education programs are designed to help your students achieve the objectives of the NYC DoE Blueprint for Learning in the Arts
- Music Factory programs are often as appropriate for students with no prior musical experience as for those participating in ongoing in-school ensembles.
- Most Music Factory programs are appropriate for 4th-12th grade students.
- Most school-based programs run 2-6 weeks, however length can be as little as a single workshop or performance and as much as a full academic year.
- Please keep in mind that we are open to the concept of customizing programming to your needs. Examples from the past have include homemade instrument ensembles song-writing seminars for ESL students, and composing as an introduction to computers. Please feel free to be in touch with Kevin James to discuss your particular needs.
What is required of your school:
- The full support and encouragement of the principal
- A reliable, responsive, individual point person to communicate and coordinate with the ACO Education Director.
- Adequate oversight for all sessions as required by standard DoE protocols.
- An ability to provide necessary paperwork, including a follow-up assessment provided by the ACO.