ACO’s Commission Club
Through ACO’s Commission Club, members invest in the lifespan of a commission: from the composer’s first kernel of artistic inspiration to the realization of the music as a printed score, on to the early rehearsals and through the premiere performance. Members support all expenses in the commission process including fees paid to the composer, printing and engraving costs, as well as rehearsal and production costs related to the concert premiere. Throughout the season, members are invited to exclusive preview events with the composer to learn about the composer’s vision, hear excerpts of the work in-progress, and experience a full orchestral rehearsal of the piece before its premiere.
In its inaugural season, ACO’s Commission Club will support Ethan Iverson as he creates a new piano concerto, which he will perform with ACO on April 6, 2018 at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall.
Commission Club Member, $500
Commission Club Young Professionals, $300 (for Patrons 40 years and younger)
- Enjoy insider’s access to the creative process with invitations for two people to two preview events with composer Ethan Iverson
- Observe the composer interacting with conductor George Manahan and ACO musicians with an invitation for two to attend a working rehearsal of the full score, prior to the premiere
- A pair of tickets to the world premiere performance on April 6, 2018 at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall*
- Your name on the dedication page of the printed score
- A hand-signed copy of the score
Market value of two concert tickets is $110; tax-deductible portion of gifts are $190 and $390, respectively.
ACO’s Commission Club dates for the 2017-18 season
Join us for salons with the composer throughout the season to ask questions about how music is made and bond with fellow investors.
Preview Event #1: Monday, December 11th, 2017
6:00-7:30pm at a Private Residence, Upper West Side, NYC
Preview Event #2: Thursday, February 1st, 2018
6:30-8:00pm at a Private Residence, Upper East Side, NYC
Working Rehearsal, prior to World Premiere: Wednesday, April 4th, 2018
2:00-5:00pm at DiMenna Center for Classical Music
World Premiere Concert: Friday, April 6th, 2018
7:30pm at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall