DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME):
American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is seeking a part-time Development Associate. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate supports ACO’s various fundraising activities including individual giving, board management, and special events. This is a part-time paid position, paying $20/hour, 24 hours (3 days) per week. Schedule to be negotiated with successful applicant.
American Composers Orchestra (ACO) is the only orchestra in the world dedicated to the creation, performance, preservation and promotion of music by American composers. Founded in 1977, ACO pursues a singular mission by maintaining an unparalleled range of activities including concerts, commissions, recordings, educational programs, and new music reading sessions.
· Process all contributions and maintain donor database, using Donor Perfect.
· Prepare donor acknowledgements, cultivation and stewardship materials.
· Manage donor benefit fulfillment for Annual Fund and Commission Club donors.
· Serve as concert ticket concierge for select donors.
· Prepare materials for 2-3 annual direct mail campaigns, including management of mailing lists.
· Serve as point of contact for online donors.
· Assist with all Special Events, including annual Gala; pre and post concert receptions, Commission Club events, and other cultivation events throughout the season.
· Work with Director of Development to manage mailing lists and the timely mailing of invitations.
· Track all RSVP’s and pledges.
· Coordinate logistics, hospitality, and front-of-house for all events.
· Serve as liaison with vendors: venues; photographer; florists; etc.
· Work with Marketing to update social media, website, etc. for development activity.
· Attend quarterly board meetings and take minutes.
· Create and distribute board reports.
· Serve as board liaison.
· Bachelor’s degree and some fundraising or related non-profit experience
· Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent oral and written communications skills
· A willingness to collaborate and take initiative
· Ability to interact professionally with trustees, donors, colleagues, artists and audience
· Proficient in database management, such as DonorPerfect, and Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to think creatively and strategically
· Capacity to complete multiple projects on tight deadlines, while maintaining a high-level attention to detail
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Lyndsay@AmericanComposers.org. Include “Development Associate Search” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
The following internship positions are currently available:
Are you a composer looking for a score submission opportunity? Please refer to ACO’s Composer Opportunities page. If you are a composer at the beginning stages of your career, you may be interested in ACO’s annual Underwood New Music Readings.