American Composers Orchestra (ACO) seeks a Marketing Manager. This is a part-time position, approximately 20-25 hours per week. Hours are flexible; some evening/weekend work required.
Duties: The Marketing Manager is responsible for:
- Creating and implementing marketing plans for concerts, readings, and recordings.
- Content creation, editing and publishing e-newsletters.
- Creation and update of website content.
- Editing and preparation of program notes and artist biographies, and coordination of program book production.
- Production, mailing and distribution of brochures and postcards; handling mailing list trades and acquisitions.
- Coordination of of social media efforts, including facebook and twitter.
- Pursuing special promotions such as on-air offers, online raffles, give-aways, and cross-promotional efforts.
- Implementation and tabulation of audience surveys.
- Assisting subscribers and patrons at concerts and other events.
- Database entry and updates.
- Assisting ACO publicist in creation and distribution of press announcements.
- Serving as a liaison between ACO and Carnegie Hall and other venues marketing and communications staffs.
Qualifications: Candidates should be highly motivated and have some previous experience in marketing and/or publicity/promotions. Proficiency in standard business software (spreadsheets, word processing, database, email) required. Website development (WordPress & HTML), bulk email, and social media skills are strongly desired. Graphic Design experience (InDesign, Photoshop) also desired. Interest experience with composers and contemporary music a plus. Candidates must have excellent communications skills, the ability to juggle multiple projects, and enjoy working in a small office environment.
Compensation: The marketing manager is a part-time employee. Competitive hourly wages. Benefits include complimentary concert tickets.
How to apply: Please send resume, cover letter and names/contact of three references to:
American Composers Orchestra
244 West 54th Street, Ste. 805
New York, NY 10019